The Integrated-Assistive Technology Services Department at NSSED is committed to ensuring all students have access to the technologies they need to be successful learners and that every educator has the tools needed to provide students with high quality instruction.
NSSED’s Integrated-Assistive Technology Services include professionals with extensive knowledge and expertise in child development, curriculum and instruction, and technology. We use this combined expertise to promote the most up to date, research-based tools and supports.
We also work side by side with educators and families to identify appropriate technologies and strategies to support successful implementation of tools. The Integrated-Assistive Technology Services at NSSED continuously monitors trends in technology, navigates new technologies that emerge, and evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of these tools.
The Integrated-Assistive Technology Services' model has continuously evolved as we strive toward stronger partnerships and meeting the needs of our member districts. We recognize the changing nature of school-based technology support and provide a broad array of services to support this complex landscape.
Integrated-Assistive Technology Support Options:
- Continued support for intensive needs assessment and implementation
- Student-specific services ranging from assessment to consultation to one-time problem-solving visits
- Support to remove barriers and facilitate participation for all students
Inclusive Technology Support
- Mentoring support for district internal technology staff
- Data and trial review for district-led technology assessments
- Classroom design around Universal Design for Learning principles
- Partnering with district Instructional Coaches for technology inclusion
- Review of outside provider reports and IEP support
- Coaching cycles around member district technology initiatives
- Individual or group coaching
- Targeted PD linked to coaching initiatives
- Extensive equipment lending library
- Training on equipment, apps, and software
- Extensive PD around technology use and inclusion of evidence based practice strategies in instruction
For information, please contact:
Carol M.Michels, Ed.D., MS, OTR/L
Director of District Services
760 Red Oak Lane
Highland Park, IL 60035
847-831-5100 ext. 2254